Saturday, February 24, 2007

What a Treat!

Issue 5 of Mike Fortune-Wood's Journal of Home Education dropped through the letter box today. It deserves the highest praise, and not just from Dd about the cover "Now that's a proper snowman!" It contains almost all the things I wish I'd ever said about Home Education and much, much more besides. There are articles about the recent victory for freedom in home education in France, the successes that home educators experience with their approach to literacy, plus a truly tragic tale from Duncan J. Sibley which serves to demonstrate how very badly wrong things can go when the state imagines it knows better than the parents how to educate children.

I have decided to make this edition of the journal (and probably the others too when I get my hands on them) required reading for any LA official who dares to step foot in this house.

No comments: